Properties worth millions of Naira have been destroyed after a fire broke out at the Police Officers Wives Association POWA Plaza, Jos road, Lafia, Nasarawa State in the early hours of today November 8. Eyewitnesses say that the fire outbreak was caused by an electric spark in one of the shops around 1am on Tuesday morning. “The fire began around 1am on Tuesday morning. It burnt properties worth millions of naira before the fire service people came. They still could not completely put out the fire until 7am this morning when they sent some more fire fighters to the place.More than seven shops were affected. A tailoring shop, a boutique, a solar shop and other big businesses were burnt to ashes.I wonder how the business owners will survive after these huge loss that they have encountered. The government should see how to help them out of the situation.” The post Properties destroyed as fire guts Nasarawa police plaza appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.