His brother, Oyewole AyebuluThe three kidnapped relatives of slain Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps(NSCDC) operative, Segun Ayebulu, have regained their freedom after payment of N5m ransom. The officer was shot dead by kidnappers last Saturday, along Oke Ako- Irele Ekiti road, Ajoni Local Council Development Area of Ikole Local Government Area of Ekiti State, while his younger brother, Oyewole Ayebulu, his 5-year-old child, Ayebulu Kayode, and elder brother’s son, Ayebulu Oluwajomiloju, 11 were abducted. Apart from the money collected, the abductors also collected recharge cards, satchets of milk and alcoholic drinks before releasing the victims. The gunmen who had earlier demanded a sum of N30 million as ransom from the family of the three victims, released the captives in a bush in Ayede-Ekiti in Oye Local Government Area of Ekiti State on Wednesday, September 7. “They were released this evening after the family paid about N5million in the bush in Ayede axis. Apart from that, they collected N100,000 for recharge cards, sachets of milk and alcoholic drinks. They added these on Tuesday as conditions for their release,” a family source said. “They are being taken to hospital for medical attention as I speak. We are happy we did not lose them as the gunmen killed the NSCDC officer.” The Regent of Oke Ako, Princess Tinuade Ogunbiyi, also confirmed that the three victims have been released. “My people have called to inform me that they have been released. I cannot say how much was paid to secure their release”. Meanwhile, spokesperson for Ekamefa, communities, Ajoni LCDA, Abayomi Oluwafemi, lambasted the Federal Government for its inability to make anything out of the national identification scheme which it said would be used to trace criminals, among other benefits. “The criminals have been speaking with our people on phone since Sunday and nothing can be done to track them and their location, this is bad. It turned to a situation where we were negotiating for release of human beings as if it was tomatoes, this is bad.” The Corps Commander, Ekiti State Amotekun Corps, Brig. Gen. Joe Komolafe (retd) confirmed that the three persons who were whisked away by the kidnappers last Saturday had been released. “Our men were in the bush in search of the kidnappers and the three persons. Good they have been released,” he said. Confirming the development, spokesperson of the Ekiti State Police Command, Sunday Abutu, said, “Immediately the incident occurred, the Command set up special operatives to go after the hoodlums and ensure the safe release of those held hostage. The Command had been working with the family members through the Area Commander and DPO in charge of that jurisdiction “The joint operations that include the police and other security agents as well as the Amotekun, not excluding their family members have yielded this positive result. Meanwhile, the command is not aware of any ransom paid,” The post Killers of Ekiti NSCDC officer release his kidnapped brother and two children after collecting N5m ransom recharge cards, milk, alcoholic drinks appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.